Department Of Family And Culture Affairs
Finalising National Family Policy;
- Finalizing Kiswahili Bill;
- International Day for the Family commemorated on 15 May, 2016;
- World Culture Day commemorated on 21 May, 2016;
- Holding meetings for Quarterly Cultural Forum;
- Representation of Ministry on convection meetings (Convention on Intangibles and Promotion of Kiswahili in East Africa).
- Validation of Parenting guidelines;
- Monitoring of Eight (8) LGs on culture and family functions. (East-Soroti, Kaboong; Central -Nakasongola , Kayunga; West- Mbarara, Kabale; North- Kitgum, Arua);
Lawi Rwodi me Acholi; Kwar Adhola; Omusinga bwa Rwenzururu; Won Nyaci me Lango;
Rwoth Ubimu me Alur; Omukama wa Buruuli; Kamuswaga wa Kooki; Inzu ya Masaba;
Obudyingiya wa Bwamba; Isebantu Kyabazing wa Busoga; and Ikumbania bwa Bugwere.